Traditional to Transformational Leadership
While most leaders inspire people to do their best and go beyond expectations, transformational leaders help people see how their actions and goals fit into a bigger plan that serves the greater good.
What does transformational leadership look like?
Transformational leaders help people see how their actions and goals fit into a bigger plan that serves the greater good. They inspire others through their personal example as well as words of encouragement. They are open to new ideas, practices, or ways of doing things, even if they don’t know what works best. They take risks and are not afraid to fail. Transformational leaders also help people identify with their spiritual side and find meaning in work.
Inspire trust and a shared vision
- Transformational leaders help people trust their instincts, understand the big picture, and work as a team. This is what inspires others to believe in the vision and come together as a cohesive unit. Transformational leaders set high standards for themselves and others by setting clear goals that are attainable, building trust by being transparent about their intentions, maintaining a positive attitude, and taking personal accountability for their decisions.
- When people know where they stand with these leaders’ actions, it builds trust in them. They no longer have to guess which way the wind blows and can focus on achieving the desired results with more confidence.
- By inspiring trust, transformational leadership can transform an organization or team so that it becomes more adaptive, collaborative, and aligned towards a clear goal.
Provide clear direction and accountability
- Transformational leaders help people see that they are moving in the right direction and provide a clear vision of what will happen if they do not.
- A key component of transformational leadership is providing clarity and accountability to those who follow it. They help their followers know where they should be focusing their energy and why which helps them make the right choices. Giving people direction and accountability helps them feel like they are a part of the greater plan, which makes them more motivated towards achieving what is needed. This builds trust among team members and is an essential aspect of a successful transformational leader.
- One way to provide clarity is by making sure that everyone knows what their responsibilities are and how they fit into the bigger picture. Another way is through “honest feedback”- providing constructive criticism so that others can learn from past mistakes. Transformational leaders also make sure that followers understand how their choices affect others because this builds trust.
- By helping people see the bigger picture, you will inspire confidence in your followers, making them more committed and eager to become better as well as build trust within your organization or team.
Help people see new possibilities
- Transformational leaders help people see new possibilities by letting them know how their actions and goals fit into a bigger plan that serves the greater good. They inspire others through their personal example as well as words of encouragement.
- Transformational leadership is also about building trust and helping people learn to trust their instincts. By trusting their instincts, employees are able to think more creatively and provide solutions that have not yet been thought of.
- Transformational leadership can also be achieved by showing your people how they’re supporting the greater good while advancing their careers. They can take on more challenging roles and opportunities, which will help them grow professionally while also contributing to the greater good.
- Transformational leadership is one type of leadership that does not only affect how others in an organization or team feel, but how they act and function.
- Leaders with transformational leadership skills can help people see the bigger picture and realize their potential to be a force for good. Transformational leadership provides a sense of purpose, direction, and optimism that can transform people into better leaders.